Five things you can do now to get your home ready for market
We all have a little more time at home right now so why not make the most of it and give your home some TLC? Whether you are getting ready to put your home on the market or just wanting to spruce things up, here are 5 projects to do now while you have time:
- Clean your siding and window trims. The winter grit has gathered on the outside of your home. If you don’t have your own pressure washer, you can rent one from a local hardware store or hire someone to do it for you.
- Clean up your yard and gardens: were there things buried under the snow in your yard? Time to pick them up. This includes old leaves and debris. It is also a good time to rake garden mulch, add mulch and clean up your gardens, fix retaining walls, etc
- Fill any wall holes and touch up the paint: everyone has pictures hung in their homes but here we are talking about the larger marks or dings in your wall or holes left after removing something. It is a perfect time to fill those areas and touch up the paint.
- Trim- take a look at your house trim and mouldings inside. Clean them and get your touch up paint out and refresh the mouldings where you can. You can also use this paint on your doors inside to make them fresh and clean.
- To freshen things up you can also change pictures around and make sure that they are not hung too high. Switch things up to give a fresh perspective.
The Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS® represents over 1500 members throughout the Province and is the voice of real estate in Nova Scotia. For more information on selecting your REALTOR® visit www.trustedguide.ca